Lights Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights Out

Something wicked lives out there...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome
The angels come screaming down--
They say that when the world ends, it ends in a flash or a bang. For us though, it ended in a series of events. For us, it's still happening. It started with a gate. From the gate came hell and from hell came monsters. Everyone knows that when the gates of hell is opened heaven is released on earth, but now it's just creating more wreckage.

Now that hell has broken loose and heaven has come crashing down they are tearing our earth apart. Human is almost a myth in this worlf.

The streets are still full and swarming but they are now oh so dangerous. better watch your step or it will be your last. Times are not what they used to be.
--You don't know a thing about my sins
Staff
Latest topics
» Adrian Clark WIP
The Book of Monsters EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:02 pm by Raziel

» Biography Skeleton
The Book of Monsters EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 pm by Adrian Clark

» Forum graphics update
The Book of Monsters EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 am by Raziel

» Eydis- The Huldra
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:46 pm by Raziel

» Ali and Ila- The Twins of Life and Death
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 pm by Raziel

» Aschwin Lowe - The German Familiar bonded to a Russian Witch
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 pm by Raziel

» Ali and Ila- The Twins of Life and Death (pt 2)
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm by Raziel

» Katya Kaminski-A Russian Witch with a German Familiar
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 5:26 pm by Raziel

» Creating Several Characters
The Book of Monsters EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 pm by Raziel

Forum graphics update
The Book of Monsters EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 1:55 am by Adrian Clark
As you guys can see I have been doing things with the forum graphics. To make sure you can experience the forum in all its glory make sure you always allow HTML in posts. To do this simply go to your profile, click preferences then scroll down till you see "Always allow HTML" and check yes.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Also, directing this at Raz i would like to propose making the forum a …

Comments: 1
Top posters
Raziel
The Book of Monsters I_vote_lcapThe Book of Monsters I_voting_barThe Book of Monsters I_vote_rcap 
Aschwin Lowe
The Book of Monsters I_vote_lcapThe Book of Monsters I_voting_barThe Book of Monsters I_vote_rcap 
Katya Kaminski
Adrian Clark
Ali and Ila
Lysandra
Eydis
Affiliates

The Book of Monsters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raziel
Admin
Raziel

The Book of Monsters Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Monsters   The Book of Monsters EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm

This is a documentation of supernatural creatures. This list is not a limit to what kind of creatures exist in this roleplay, only suggestions and descriptions. If you come up with another kind of creature to use, please post below and it will be added to the overall list.

Also, the entries on these creatures are very open-ended. Feel free to add on or change things are you wish. Every creature is unique, and these descriptions are general.

Angel: An angel is a servant of God, sent down from Heaven. An angel may have come down to Earth for a specific mission, or of their own free will. Angels can appear male or female, and their defining feature is their white wings. They are almost completely invincible. The full extent of their powers is unknown. Angels are the sworn enemies of demons.

Caster: A caster is a person with one or more psychic abilities. They are similar to a witch, but much closer to a simple psychic human.

Contract Demon/Crossroads Demon: A crossroads or contract demon is a subspecies of demon, a servant from Hell. The main purpose of this demon is to form a contract or pact with a human. The demon fulfills a single wish in exchange for the human's soul. It is possible for a pact to be made with a supernatural creature. Crossroad demons can be summoned through a ritual involving an actual crossroads and several other ingredients. Crossroad demons can appear on their own will, also.

Demon: A demon is a servant of Hell who comes to the human world to cause havoc. Demons must posses others, since they lack a humanoid form. Their full powers are unknown, but they are very dangerous. Demons are the archenemies of angels.

Elemental: Elementals are people with power over an element. This is not restricted to the traditional elements. They are able to control and conjure their element. It is very rare for elemental to be able to use more than one element. Common elemental focuses are air, water, earth, fire, ice, lightning or blood.

Fairy: Fairies are small, winged creatures with minor nature powers. They are fairly uncommon, as they are tiny and most died in the Flash.

Fallen angel: A fallen angel is a former servant of God, who was banished from Heaven and fell from grace. Fallen angels are sent down to the human world to find a way to atone for their sin. They are stripped of their wings and usually, most of their memories from their time as an angel. Their powers are unknown.

Familiar: Familiars are companion or protector of a witch or warlock. They typically take the form of an animal and will train and protect a young witch/warlock.

Ghost: A ghost the spirit of a human or supernatural creature that has not crossed the bridge. They may be attached to an object or place. They can be peaceful or vengeful. They are only destroyed by burning their corpse.

Ghoul: A Ghoul is a creature similar to a zombie, but not tied to a necromancer. They feed on human flesh, whether from a living person or a corpse.

Harbringer: Harbringers are also known as Omens. They will appear to people to warn them of an oncoming event or danger.

Human: Humans are the formerly dominant race on Earth. Fairly weak and slow, but curious and sometimes quite intelligent. Not many humans survived the Flash, but the few that did are a hardy and determined group. Some humans simply are surviving, while others have become hunters of the supernatural.

Huldra: Huldras are creatures from Norwegian mythology and exclusively female. Huldra appear as beautiful young woman with an animalistic feature that may vary from a cow tail to a fox tail or lynx ears. Huldra also have bark down their backs. They hate it when others see these features. Huldra may be kind and reward politeness, or they may lure human men to their deaths.

Hybrid: A hybrid is a cross between supernatural creatures or a supernatural creature and a human. Many combinations are possible. They may have powers from one or both of their parents. If human blood has tainted the bloodline, however, they will be less powerful than other supernaturals. Hybrids are often hunted for being impure.

Immortal: A person with no special powers besides immortality. They will stop aging at a certain point in life, and heal quickly. They are nearly invincible. Beyond that, they have no special powers.

Incubus: Incubi are an exclusively male creature that preys on the life essence of females. Their counterpart is the succubus.

Kelpie: Kelpies are creatures similar to a siren. They are almost exclusively female. They are a ghost that can change form to attract other creatures. They lead others to their death.

Kitsune: Japanese fox spirit.

Lycan: A lycan is a person who can shape-shift into a wolf on command.

Naga: snake person hybrid.

Nature spirit: Nature Spirits are spirits connected to nature. They may be connected to trees, plants, etc. They are also known as naiads, dryads, nymphs or sprites.

Necromancer: A person with the capability of communicating with the dead. Able to drain life from things. Powerful necromancers may be able to temporarily raise the dead as zombies.

Poltergeist: Poltergeists are a form of ghost that haunts a home or person with mischievous and possibly deadly attacks.

Reaper: servants of Death that ferry souls from one side to the other. May go rogue and offer their services to living beings. It is possible to bind a Reaper into service.

Shape-shifter: A shape-shifter is a person capable of changing into other beings. Most shape-shifters change into animals. Others can change into people. Very few can do both.

Siren: A creature that attracts other beings to kill them. Usually female, but not exclusively.

Sphinx: Sphinxes are a mainly female race. They guard a building, area or city. Sphinxes will tell riddles to people who wish to enter their guarded area. If the riddles are not answered correctly, they will be eaten.

Succubus: Succubi are an exclusively female creature that preys on the life essence of men. Their counterpart is the incubus.

Trickster: A creature similar to a poltergeist, but of this world. Will stalk people and pull potentially deadly pranks.

Vampire: A vampire is a human bitten by a vampire and turned. They are stronger and faster than a human. They require blood to survive. The sunlight burns their skin, but does not kill them.

Warlock: The male counterpart to a witch. A male with supernatural powers and capable of casting spells. It is unknown if warlocks are more powerful than witches.

Wayward: A guide of the supernatural world. The keeps of the Book of Monsters, the Book of Spells, the Soul Record, and other important supernatural documentation.

Werewolf: A werewolf is a human who was bitten by a werewolf and has turned. They are stronger and faster than a human when humanoid. They turn into a huge wolf during the full moon. Their wolf form may be triggered in other situations.

Witch: A female with supernatural powers and capable of casting spells for various effects. Witches, just like their folklore, vary. Some witches can only cast spells, while other simply have powers that required no spell-casting.

Zombie: A corpse reanimated by a necromancer. Zombies cannot live forever, and will eventually fall apart and return to being a corpse. They are controlled by a necromancer and feed on human flesh.
Back to top Go down
https://lightsgoout.forumotion.com

The Book of Monsters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lights Out :: All You Need To Know :: Basics-
Jump to: